MUMBAI, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Swedish truck and bus maker Volvo on Tuesday opened a new technology centre and a product development unit in Bangalore, and said it would step up sourcing of services from India as business expands. Volvo 3P, which employs about 60 people, will make India a base for development of Volvo trucks, while Volvo IT will step up sourcing of services from India, the company said in a statement. The world's No. 2 truck maker, which has been in India since 1998, already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo sets up IT, development centres in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.