MUMBAI, Aug 29 (Reuters) - The world's second-biggest truck maker, Volvo AB , is negotiating with the controlling family of Ashok Leyland Ltd. for a stake in the Indian truck maker, the Times of India newspaper said on Tuesday. Quoting unnamed sources it said the board of Volvo's India unit would meet on Tuesday to consider a proposal to buy a stake in Land Rover Leyland International Holdings (LRLIH), the UK based firm that holds stake in Ashok Leyland for the Hinduja family. Officials ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo in talks for stake in Ashok Leyland - paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.