LOS ANGELES, May 28 (Reuters) - Volvo AB isn't betting on a recovery in the struggling U.S. truck market this year, an executive with the world's No. 2 truck maker said on Wednesday. Stefan Lorentzson, president of Volvo Group North America, which makes Mack Trucks, said it was still unclear whether U.S. construction activity would pick up this year, and by extension the need for more trucks. "Construction work and all that has more or less stopped," Lorentzson said in an interview. "So ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo unsure '08 US truck market will improve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.