FRANKFURT, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen , the world's fourth-largest carmaker, said on Friday its core VW Brand Group posted nine-month operating profit before special items of 1.08 billion euros ($1.37 billion), up from 115 million a year ago. The Audi Brand Group had nine-month operating profit of 1.16 billion euros, up from 957 million a year earlier. Volkswagen added that its operating loss in North America shrank to 446 million euros from 818 million in the first nine months of 2005.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Brand Group 9-mo op profit jumps to 1.08 bln eur" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642