HAMBURG, Dec 19 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen is aiming to quadruple return on capital at its VW brand to 21 percent by 2018, a company spokesman said on Wednesday, confirming comments by VW CEO Martin Winterkorn. The chief executive also told managers at a strategy conference in Dresden, Germany, on Tuesday that he wanted VW brand unit sales to rise to 6.6 million by 2018 from 3.4 million last year, the spokesman said. Volkswagen has said it wants the number of vehicle sales at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW brand to quadruple return on capital by 2018" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642