DETROIT, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is offering an extended warranty on 426,000 of its Passat and Audi vehicles in the United States because of an oil sludge problem that can cause severe engine damage. VW spokesman Tony Fouladpour said on Tuesday that the problem involved 1998-2004 Passats and 1997-2004 Audi A4s with the same 1.8 liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The company began notifying owners of the special warranty offer on the vehicles earlier this month, saying it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW, Chrysler hit with U.S. oil sludge problems" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.