FRANKFURT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Volkswagen is considering putting its entire commercial vehicles division into a combined MAN/Scania group if MAN and Scania can agree on a friendly merger, it said on Monday. VW commercial vehicles head Stephan Schaller described that scenario to reporters as one option. In the past, talk has focused on putting only VW's heavy trucks business into a combined group that would be the European truck market leader.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW could put whole trucks business into MAN/Scania" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642