FRANKFURT, Aug 22 (Reuters) - German car maker Volkswagen is in advanced talks with rival DaimlerChrysler about creating an alliance in the United States to build minivans, Germany's Handelsblatt newspaper reported. Chrysler head Dieter Zetsche and VW brand chief Wolfgang Bernhard could sign an agreement at the Frankfurt auto fair in September, the paper said in a preview of its Tuesday edition. Volkswagen plans to build a van based on the Chrysler Voyager, the paper said. Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW, Daimler mull minivan alliance in U.S. -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.