By Niklas Pollard STOCKHOLM, Nov 29 (Reuters) - The case for a counterbid by truckmaker Scania for rival MAN strengthened after a Scania investor said such a bid was being considered and the Swedish company was reported to have lined up financing. But Scania would still need the support of Volkswagen , the key shareholder in both firms, as well as a successful share issue to succeed, analysts said on Wednesday. Market speculation that Scania may seek to bat back the German truckmaker's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW in driver's seat on Scania counterbid for MAN" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642