LISBON, Dec 30 (Reuters) - German automaker Volkswagen AG signed an investment deal on Tuesday worth 600 million euros ($750.1 million) by 2011 to upgrade its Portuguese multipurpose vehicle plant. Speaking at the signing ceremony, Economy Minister Carlos Tavares said 440 million euros was earmarked for spending in 2004 at the Autoeuropa plant in Palmela, 30 km (20 miles) south of Lisbon. "That will give a boost to investment in the Portuguese economy," Tavares said. "The wealth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW inks 600 mln euro investment accord" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.