BERLIN, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Germany is set to bring into effect by mid-year a new law that preserves strong labour and state influence at Volkswagen , Europe's largest car manufacturer, a magazine reported on Thursday. The proposal, if enacted, would represent a defeat for VW's largest shareholder Porsche , allowing VW's organised labour to veto management decisions to close production plants. Without citing a source, German magazine Focus said the cabinet was ready to back the draft law ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW law, seen mid-year, to empower workers -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.