FRANKFURT, May 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen wants to start producing its Tiguan model in North America, helping to trim costs, a German magazine reported, citing management sources. Volkswagen already produces Jetta and Passat cars in North America, and a proposal to produce the Tiguan there too may soon be decided on by the board, WirtschaftsWoche magazine reported in a prerelease from its Monday issue. The Tiguan is currently only produced in Volkswagen's Wolfsburg plant in North Germany. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW may produce Tiguan in North America -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.