FRANKFURT, July 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen will not hit its target of improving gross earnings at its flasghip VW Brand Group by 7 billion euros ($8.45 billion) by 2008 unless it cuts staff costs, Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsriedersaid on Friday. "This is not possible without reduction of personnel costs," he told a conference call, adding this could feature headcount reductions via early retirement "but as well other" measures or more flexible deployment of staff.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW needs to cut staff costs to hit savings goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.