FRANKFURT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Volkswagen is to outsource some of its car parts production to its Czech unit Skoda as part of a far-reaching cost-cutting plan, Germany's Automobilwoche reported, citing company sources. Production would be reduced accordingly in Kassel, Germany and at the Seat factory in Prat, Spain, the industry weekly said in an advance copy of an article to be published on Monday. Skoda chief Detlef Wittig told the paper that Skoda's portfolio would rise to five model ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to outsource some production to Skoda - report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.