FRANKFURT, July 22 (Reuters) - Volkswagen plans to step up sales discounts and advertising in North America to help rebuild market share and improve relations with disgruntled dealers, the Financial Times newspaper reported on Friday. "We have to be competitive. The market is incredibly aggressive right now," it quoted Bill Gelgota, dealer relations manager at Volkswagen of America, as saying. It gave no other details. Volkswagen officials were not immediately available for comment on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW plans to step up North American incentives -FT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642