FRANKFURT, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Volkswagen is setting up a joint venture with Varta Microbattery GmbH to develop more powerful batteries for use in electric cars, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Friday. It said the project aims to undertake research and development of lithium-ions battery that would be more competitive in terms of technology and price. The four-year project still needed approval by the German Cartel Office. Volkswagen, which wants to launch the first electric car by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW plans Varta tie-up on electric car batteries" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642