FRANKFURT, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Volkswagen has decided to build an additional vehicle at its Portugese plant in Setubal from the first half of 2008, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Friday. "The decision to make a new model at Autoeuropa in Portugal is based on the plant's competitive cost level and the positive conditions that were created along with the Portugese government and labour representatives," VW brand chief Wolfgang Bernhard said in a statement. He gave no more details.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW plant in Portugal to build additional model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642