LISBON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's Portuguese unit said on Thursday it was cautiously optimistic about a recovery trend in car sales in Europe and cancelled planned temporary layoffs of several days over the next two months. The Autoeuropa plant, which has long been in talks with workers to avoid short-term layoffs, said in a statement the recovery, which came thanks to consumer incentives offered by European governments, was mainly in Germany but "has a positive reflection on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Portugal shelves some layoffs as sales improve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642