By Jorge A. Otaola MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina, Oct 29 (Reuters) - German automaker Volkswagen said it will build a new pickup truck in Argentina before the end of the year aimed at export markets starting in the first quarter of 2010. The "Amarok" pickup will be produced in the automaker's Argentine unit and will be exported mainly to Brazil, Germany, South Africa and Australia, said Ronnie Frost, a director for public affairs at Volkswagen Argentina. The automaker invested about 1.3 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to produce pickup for global markets in Argentina" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.