DETROIT, April 22 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG will recall about 35,000 of its 1999-2000 model year Golfs and GTIs in the United States to inspect a fuel line and pump, which could leak and possibly cause a fire, a federal agency said. The fuel line on the gas-powered cars could crack and leak, sparking a fire, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported on its Web site. A VW spokesman said the recall only applied to vehicles sold in the United States, because ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to recall 35,000 cars in the U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642