DETROIT, March 23 (Reuters) - The Audi division of Volkswagen AG is recalling nearly 173,000 vehicles sold in the United States because of potential fires in the driver's-side dashboard area, federal safety regulators said on Tuesday. An advisory on the Web site of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the problem, caused by an electrical short, stemmed from a component that was interfering with the headlight switch wiring harness. NHTSA said 172,866 vehicles affected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW recalls nearly 173,000 Audis prone to fires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642