By Lucia Mutikani JOHANNESBURG, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Volkswagen South Africa (VWSA) will enter the country's booming bus and heavy commercial truck market within the next two years, investing about 300 million rand ($50.41 million), the company said on Monday. VWSA managing director Andreas Tostmann told reporters the venture -- in which Brazilian-sourced heavy vehicles would be assembled on a semi-knocked-down basis and buses would brought in initially as fully built units -- would create ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW S.Africa to enter truck market, invest $50 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.