FRANKFURT, July 21 (Reuters) - Europe's largest carmaker Volkswagen paid nearly 2 million euros ($2.43 million) to the Indian state of Andhra Pradeshas compensation for missdealings related to an ongoing bribery scandal, it said on Thursday. "Volkswagen...will hold those responsible accountable for the financial damages that have arisen," the company said in a statement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW says paid 2 mln eur to India's Andhra Pradesh" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.