FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen AG , said on Wednesday exchange rate fluctuations had a 1.2-billion-euro negative impact on its nine-month pretax profit of 1.378 billion euros. The figure, released on slides on the company website ahead of a conference call, implies a third-quarter hit of 400 million euros. VW said earlier its operating profit fell 53 percent in the first nine months due to weak demand, a strong euro and the cost of revamping its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW says pretax profits hit by currency effect" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.