FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen AG , said on Wednesday the cost of revamping its Brazilian operations and the strength of the euro hammered its operating profit down 57 percent in the third quarter. VW's operating earnings fell to 510 million euros ($597 million) from 1.182 billion in the period a year ago. It said it had taken provisions of 120 million euros for the Brazil restructuring. VW had been expected to post an operating profit of 560 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW says Q3 operating profit down 57 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642