FRANKFURT, May 25 (Reuters) - German mass automaker Volkswagen AG said on Tuesday it was recalling 60,000 of its luxury four-by-four Touareg cars to check potential safety belt problems. Porsche said earlier it was recalling 40,848 Cayenne sports utility vehicles because of the same problem. The Cayenne and the Touareg are built on the same platform. VW shares increased losses to trade down over two percent.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW says recalls 60,000 Touaregs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642