FRANKFURT, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen garnered about 1 billion euros ($1.2 billion) in profit last year from its 3.1-billion-euro cost savings plan, the Financial Times newspaper reported on its Web site on Tuesday. The newspaper reported that Bernd Pischetsrieder, VW's chief executive, told the newspaper and a small group of journalists that two-thirds of the savings had been lost through currency effects or passed back to customers via sales rebates, meaning only a third of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW says savings plan made 1 bln euro profit -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.