WOLFSBURG, Germany, June 28 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen AG and building firm Hochtief said on Friday they had launched a joint venture which could allow VW to save on factory and office block overheads. The new firm will organise services such as security, catering, maintenance, refuse disposal and gardening more cheaply and more efficiently than the host of contractors presently involved, VW and Hochtief said. "This is part of our cost-cutting strategy," VW chief financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW seeks savings with facilities JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.