FRANKFURT, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG expects the car market to remain tough for the rest of 2004 and in 2005, Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder told an analysts conference on Wednesday. "I think that we are well advised to take it that the market conditions will remain difficult," he said, adding this increased presure on carmakers to cut costs.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW sees market conditions staying tough" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642