BRATISLAVA, June 29 (Reuters) - The Slovak subsidiary of German car maker Volkswagen AG will halt part of its assembly lines for up to three weeks to prepare the launch of the new Audi sports utility vehicle (SUV), it said on Tuesday. The VW plant - the backbone of Slovakia's flourishing car sector - is the country's top exporter and accounts for about 20 percent of exports. It aims to start producing SUVs for the Volkswagen luxury car unit Audi by the end of 2005. "We have to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Slovak unit to halt production lines for refit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.