FRANKFURT, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen remains "realistic though optimistic" about prospects for a friendly merger between German truckmaker MAN AG and Sweden's Scania , VW Chief Financial Officer Hans Dieter Poetsch said on Friday. "We would like to see a situation where -- on a basis that is advantageous for all sides involved -- the maximum of synergies could be produced between the companies. Therefore we remain on a realistic though optimistic side," he told a conference call. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW still sees scope for friendly MAN/Scania deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.