BRATISLAVA, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Slovakia's two most important foreign investors, carmaker Volkswagen and US Steel , reaffirmed heavy investment commitments on Friday after the country cleared competition hurdles in EU accession talks. Slovakia agreed with the EU on Thursday on limits on state aid. EU-member Spain had been particularly concerned that Slovakia's cheaper workforce would mean a loss of Spanish car-industry jobs. Volkswagen plans to start production of 20,000 models a year of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW, US Steel say committed to Slovak investments" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.