FRANKFURT, May 18 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG's premium unit Audi wants to sell roughly 1,000 cars in India by the end of 2008 and plans to start building up a dealership network to achieve this goal, Audi said on Tuesday. Starting in July, Audi will sell its Audi TT 1.8T and the Audi allroad 2.5 TDI at two dealerships in Delhi and Bombay. In the autumn, the new Audi A6 saloon will also be offered. "A sporty premium brand like Audi cannot be absent from a growth market like India," sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW's Audi to start selling cars in India in July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.