FRANKFURT, March 22 (Reuters) - Wolfgang Bernhard, the star manager hired to galvanise Volkswagen AG's flagship brands, aims to bring down costs and boost quality but knows savings alone won't do the job, he told an in-house newspaper. "You cannot save your way to prosperity. At the end of the day it all depends on having the right products," he said in a wide-ranging interview in the March issue of VW's Autogramm. "The thing is," he added, "if you offer the greatest product but are not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW's Bernhard takes aim at costs, quality issues" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.