HAMBURG, Germany, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Wage talks for around 3,800 staff at Volkswagen's low-cost division Auto 5000 have adjourned until mid-March with both sides far apart, the IG Metall labour union said on Tuesday. IG Metall chief negotiator Hartmut Meine rejected as unacceptable VW's demand for a pay freeze and fewer holidays. The union is pushing for a 5 percent pay increase, in line with increases it is seeking for other German metalworkers. Company sources have said Volkswagen is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Wages talks adjourned at VW unit Auto 5000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.