By Ellis Mnyandu NEW YORK, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. , the world's No. 1 retailer, said on Monday sales in the recent week hit the low end of its August same-store sales growth target as warmer weather led shoppers to buy fewer back-to-school clothes. It was the second time this month that Wal-Mart -- which has come to be regarded as a barometer of U.S. shopping patterns -- reported sluggish weekly sales trends but still within its 4 percent to 6 percent same-store sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Wal-Mart sales slow as U.S. consumer jitters weigh" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642