OTTAWA, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Autoparts supplier Wescast Industries said on Wednesday it will close its Brantford foundry plant by year end, a move that it said will save C$25 million ($20 million) in fixed costs in 2006. Wescast, which makes cast iron exhaust manifolds at the facility, had previously said it was considering the closure as it copes with an increasingly tough automotive sector. The plant employs about 340 people, the company said. Brantford Casting's production will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Wescast to close Brantford foundry by year-end" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.