FRANKFURT, Aug 31 (Reuters) - China's automobile production will grow at an annual rate of 9.3 percent over the next few years, doubling in size by 2017, thanks to a burgeoning middle class in the outlying regions, a study showed. PricewaterhouseCoopers said 27 million vehicles will be built in China in 2017 as demand for cars picks up outside of the wealthy coastal region in so-called Tier 3 cities where average disposable income last year surpassed 40,000 yuan ($6,269.101) -- ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Western China to drive new phase of car sales growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.