WASHINGTON, Dec 15 (Reuters) - The Bush administration warned on Thursday that Congress must strengthen legislation aimed at overhauling traditional pension funding rules if it wants to avoid a presidential veto. Shortly before the U.S. House of Representatives voted on its version of the pension bill, the White House issued a statement saying it supported passage. But it said that tougher pension funding requirements must be added during negotiations with the Senate on a final version. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"White House warns would veto weak US pension bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.