PARIS, June 24 (Reuters) - French consumer spending on manufactured goods rose more strongly than expected in May, boosted by spending on electrical goods ahead of the World Cup, national statistics office INSEE said on Thursday. Household spending rose 0.7 percent on the month in May, after the April data was revised downwards to -1.3 percent from a previously given -1.2 percent.Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast a rise of 0.4 percent in May. [ID:nPAB008404] Year-on-year, consumer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"World Cup boosts French consumer spending in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.