* Nippon Steel raises 08/09 profit target by 24 pct * Nippon Steel plans 1 mln tonne output cut in H2 * Baosteel expects losses in key product areas in Q4 By Yuko Inoue and Alfred Cang TOKYO/SHANGHAI, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp and China's Baoshan Iron and Steel Co (Baosteel), two of Asia's biggest steelmakers, posted weak quarterly results and face a bleak demand outlook as recession fears stalk the global economy. Nippon Steel, the world's second-biggest steelmaker, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Asian steel mills' profit hit by flagging economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.