* April inflation rate rises to 1.7 percent * Gasoline prices push rate up for first time in 5 months * Composite leading indicator up 0.1 percent in April * Inflation rise may spur pause in central bank rate cuts By Louise Egan OTTAWA, May 21 (Reuters) - Canada's annual inflation rate skipped above expectations to 1.7 percent in April on double-digit gasoline price hikes, casting doubt on the timing of the Bank of Canada's next interest rate cut. The jump in the April consumer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Canada inflation edges up, doubts cast on rate move" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642