By Louise Egan OTTAWA, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Canada's inflation rate slowed in January as discounts on vehicle prices offset gasoline price hikes, Statistics Canada said on Tuesday in a report that seemed to leave no obstacles in the Bank of Canada's path as it prepares to cut interest rates in March. Statistics Canada also reported on Tuesday that wholesale trade in December fell 2.9 percent, citing weakness in the auto sector, which is highly vulnerable to the U.S. slowdown. The two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Canada Jan inflation slows, rate cuts on horizon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.