* Ottawa's two-year stimulus program to end in March * Flaherty says has committed 98 pct of funds for 2nd year * Says will take action if needed to protect recovery By John McCrank MONTREAL, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Canada's government resisted pressure on Monday to extend its stimulus spending program despite a slowing economy, saying it is now focused on reducing its budget deficit and has spent most of the money it had earmarked anyway. Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Canada set to end stimulus despite shaky recovery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.