* Ford agrees main terms of Volvo Cars sale to Geely * Ford, Geely, say closing of deal expected Q2 2010 * BAIC outlines spending after Saab buy * BAIC aims to sell 100,000 self-developed vehicles in 2011 By Michael Wei and Jens Hansegard BEIJING/STOCKHOLM, Dec 23 (Reuters) - China's automakers Geely and BAIC pushed ahead with plans to harness the technology of Ford's and General Motors' [GM.UL] ailing Swedish brands Volvo and Saab in a bid to be global industry players. U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-China's Geely agrees Volvo buy, BAIC eyes expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.