* GM offers up to nine payments, up to $500 per month * Ford covering payments for up to one year * Payment protection on top of zero-pct financing offers * March U.S. auto sales seen down 40 pct * Ford, GM shares lower By Soyoung Kim DETROIT, March 31 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp and Ford Motor Co announced a new series of incentives covering payments if customers lose their jobs, joining rivals in offering heavy discounts to attract consumers sidelined by the recession. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-GM, Ford offer job-loss payments to boost sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.