By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, May 23 (Reuters) - Shares of General Motors Corp hit a 26-year low and Ford Motor Co also tumbled on Friday as investors reacted to disclosures from the leading U.S. automakers about the toll from a slumping auto market and from recent strikes against GM and one of its key suppliers. Shares of GM dropped almost 5 percent to their lowest level since 1982 after the No. 1 U.S. automaker detailed the drag on its earnings from just-ended strikes at two of its own ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-GM, Ford shares dive as investor worries mount" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.