By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - GMAC and Ford Motor Credit disclosed steps on Tuesday to cut back on auto leases in a move that leaves automakers facing the risk of even more pressure on auto sales already at decade lows. The steps by GMAC and Ford Motor Credit stopped short of Chrysler Financial's wholesale abandonment of lease financing that shocked the struggling carmaker's dealers on Friday. Analysts said the steps could protect the balance sheets of the auto finance ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-GMAC, Ford pull back on leases as credit tightens" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.