* Japan overall vehicle sales down 22 pct; Honda falls 49 pct * Strong overseas growth supports S.Korea's Hyundai, Kia * India's Maruti sales slide for 3rd consecutive month By Chang-Ran Kim and Hyunjoo Jin TOKYO/SEOUL, Sept 1 (Reuters) - New vehicle sales in Japan plunged by more than a fifth in August as production remained disrupted from the March earthquake, while South Korean brands kept growing thanks to solid gains overseas. Excluding 660cc minivehicles, sales in Japan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Japan car sales plunge in August while Korea gains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.