By Anchalee Worrachate and Katie Allen LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - British consumer confidence unexpectedly surged in January to its highest level in more than two years but retail sales marked a surprise fall in the same month, pointing to interest rates on hold for now. GfK Martin Hamblin said on Monday that a jump in Britons' optimism about their own personal finances helped push its consumer confidence index to +1 from -3 in December, much higher than expected. Separately, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WRAPUP 1-Mixed UK data points to rates on hold for now" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.